Artichoke & Asiago Dip
Cheese please! Made with cream cheese, yoghurt, sour cream and Parmesan – you can’t go wrong when you dip your chip in this dish. As an added bonus, the dip can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to three days or frozen for up to three months. If baking from frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge.
|452 gr||cream cheese, softened|
|400 gr||Greek style, thick plain yoghurt *|
|225 ml||sour cream|
|100 gr||Spanish onion**|
|1||lemon, zested and juiced|
artichoke hearts (canned), drained and diced
|100 gr||Parmesan, shredded*|
- In a food processor, puree onion, garlic, lemon juice and zest, parsley and spices until smooth, set aside.
- Add cream cheese to processor (no need to clean the bowl) and process until smooth. Add sour cream and yoghurt, scraping down the sides to eliminate lumps.
- Add back in the puree onion and spice mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Remove from bowl and fold in chopped artichokes and parmesan.
- Place in oven-safe baking dish and bake at 375 for 20-15 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve with your favourite cracker, warm pita triangles or kettle chips.
Local Source Guide
*Local Parmesan and yoghurt can be purchased from Fox Chill Cheese House at either their Halifax or Port Williams location.
**Onions and produce are available at Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms, Masstown Market or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.
Recipe provided by: Kitchen Door Catering