Atlantic Seafood Crêpes
Looking to impress your friends and family? We’ve got just the recipe for you! This savory seafood crêpe features the perfect combination of distinctive Nova Scotia seafood in a creamy sauce. Try pairing it with a Jost Vineyards Tidal Bay for the perfect balance of flavours.
|6 medium||Mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|6 tbsp||Green onions, chopped|
|1 cup||Cooked Nova Scotia lobster meat, chopped|
|1 cup||Small scallops (or chopped medium scallops)|
|1 cup||Medium shrimp, chopped|
|6 oz||Fresh haddock, diced|
|4 oz||Cream cheese, cubed|
|8 oz||Goat cheese, crumbled, reserve 4 oz for garnish|
|3/4 cup||Whipping cream|
|3 tbsp||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tsp||Ground cardamom (freshest possible)|
|1/4 cup||Chopped green onion (for garnish)|
|16||Warm, unsweetened 8-inch crêpes (previously prepared)|
- Sautée the mushrooms and 6 tbsp green onions in butter until tender; then add haddock, scallops and shrimp, and allow to cook through.
- Add lobster meat.
- Add whipping cream, cream cheese, 4 oz goat cheese, cardamom and parsley in the pan, over low-to-medium heat, until the cheese has melted and mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fill each crêpe with 1/4 cup seafood mixture.
- Plating: Place two crêpes per plate, top with a bit of crumbled goat cheese, extra seafood mixture. Garnish with chopped green onion.
- Serve with Jost Vineyards Tidal Bay, as the texture of the fresh seafood cream and delicacy of the cardamom balances beautifully with this wine.
Local Source Guide
This recipe is featured in our 2018 Taste of Nova Scotia Culinary Guide.