Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Nova Scotia Honey
The sweetness of honey makes for a beautiful addition to any dish. This Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Morris East gets its heat from a sriracha marinade, which is offset perfectly by a sweet drizzle of Nova Scotia honey.
|1 tsp||smoked paprika|
Ingredients (Chili Honey)
|500 ml||honey (we recommend: Cornect Family Farm)|
|1 tbsp||chili flakes|
- Combine buttermilk, sriracha, salt and pepper in a bowl to create a marinade.
- Cut chicken into two inch strips.
- Leave in marinade for 24 hours.
- Mix flour, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from marinade and flour in mixture.
- Fry in 375 degree oil until crispy and tender for approximately 6-10 minutes.
- Plate and drizzle with sweet Nova Scotia Chilli Honey.
If you use two 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, this recipe will serve two people.
Recipe provided by: Morris East Restaurant.