Chicken Pear Walnut Salad with Maple Habanero Vinaigrette
This salad will sweeten up your day! Thinly sliced pears, Nova Scotia blueberries and PepperHead Maple Habanero make this salad a family favourite. Bring it to your next party, or whip it up for dinner at home to chase away those winter blues.
|1 pear||thinly sliced|
|1 – 2 tbsp||crumbled blue cheese|
|1 chicken breast||bbq’d and sliced|
|1 bowl||romaine lettuce|
|handful||toasted sesame seeds (optional)|
|4 Tbsp||avocado oil|
|2 Tbsp||PepperHead Maple Habanero Syrup|
|2 Tbsp||Boates pear vinegar|
|1.5 tsp||minced fresh ginger|
|1/4 tsp||sesame oil|
- Brush chicken breast with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- cook chicken breast on medium low barbecue setting, flipping once for internal temperature of 170F.
- Let chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing to desired thickness.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together thoroughly.
- Spread romaine leaves in a fan on the plate, stack pear slices on top, then chicken, blueberries and walnuts.
- Add blue cheese and pour dressing over.
Recipe provided by: Jason Grant, PepperHead