The child-like fun of a popsicle mixed with the adult-like fun of a cocktail makes this the perfect summer treat. Everything you love about a Gin and Tonic in a handy ice-cold way that’s sure to cool you off this summer. Quick, easy and perfect for any summer get-together. Nothing says summer like an ice-pop, especially a boozy one.
|3 cups||tonic or lemon-lime soft drink|
|1/4 cup||gin *|
|fresh sliced cucumber|
|simple syrup (equal parts sugar & water) optional|
- In a bowl or measuring cup, add all ingredients (except cucumbers)
- Gently mix, trying to avoid disturbing the bubbles.
- Pour into popsicle tray.
- Individually add 2 cucumbers to each popsicle mold.
- HINT: Add simple sugar if you’re using tonic and would like to lightly sweeten the popsicles.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy.
Recipe and photography by: Himaly Fernando
*We suggest using Ironworks Distillery , Steinhart Distillery or Still Fired Distilleries Gin.
**Pick up farm-fresh seasonal produce from Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms, Masstown Market or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.