Grilled Halibut with Glynnevan® Whisky Sauce
This recipe makes for a fantastic wine and dine meal. The inclusion of local whisky in a smooth sauce with local halibut creates a wonderful blend. This 2019 Culinary Guide recipe is worth checking out!
Ingredients – Grilled Halibut
|4-6||halibut filets (approximately 2.5″ x 4″ by 1.4″ thick)|
For best results, use fresh halibut; DesBarres Manor proudly serves local fish caught by Chef Anna’s fisherman husband.
Ingredients – Glynnevan Double Barrel Whisky Sauce
|4 tbsp||olive oil|
|8-10||slices low fat bacon or pancetta, diced|
|1||small red onion, finely diced|
|2 tbsp||dijon grain mustard|
|2 tbsp||Nova Scotia maple syrup|
|2 tbsp||Glynnevan Double Barrel Whiskey|
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6
- Wash and dry halibut.
- Heat frying pan with additional olive oil to high temperature. Once hot, turn down and cook over medium heat.
- Season halibut with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes and then turn over and continue cooking until halibut feels slightly firm to the touch.
Glynnevan Double Barrel Whisky Sauce
- Heat the olive oil.
- Add diced bacon/pancetta and cook until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add red onion to the oil and slowly cook until translucent.
- While onion is cooking, whisk together the mustard, whisky, maple syrup and vinegar.
- Once onion is cooked, return bacon to the pan along with the whisked ingredients.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve over cooked halibut with your favourite roasted potatoes and veggies.
Whiskey: Glynnevan Double Barrel Whisky