Lemon Bavarian with Wild Blueberry Gel
Looking for that perfect dessert to showcase your culinary skills? This Lemon Bavarian with Wild Blueberry Gel from Atlantica Hotel Halifax, will have your guest’s taste buds tingling at your next dinner party.
|1/4 cup||lemon, juice and zest|
|2 cups||heavy cream (35%)|
|1/2||vanilla bean, split|
|2 1/2 sheets||gelatin, bloomed*|
|1/4 cup||whipping cream, whipped to high peaks|
- Combine sugar and lemon juice and zest; whisk.
- Heat heavy cream and vanilla bean until it reaches 200°F (94°C). Remove from heat.
- Add bloomed gelatin*.
- Cool on ice bath.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into a rectangular mold to set.
Hint: *To bloom gelatin, submerge in water until soft, then remove excess water. If you can’t find sheet (also known as leaf) gelatin you can substitute approximately 1 teaspoon of powdered gelatin for every 1 sheet.
Wild Blueberry Gel
|1 cup||Van Dyk’s Wild Blueberry Juice|
|1/3 tsp||vanilla essence|
|3/16 tsp||Xanthan Gum**|
|1 1/4 sheets||gelatin, bloomed|
- Heat blueberry juice, sugar, Xanthan Gum and vanilla until it reaches 200°F (94°C). Remove from heat.
- Add bloomed gelatin.
- Whisk and then strain. Cool on ice bath.
- Pour on top of the set lemon mixture. Allow to set for additional 1 hour.
- Slice and garnish with blueberries tossed in lemon zest and sugar.
Hint: **Xanthan gum is a plant-based thickening agent, regularly used in gluten-free baking. Look for Xanthan Gum in the natural food section of your local grocery store.