Is there anything more comforting than a hearty bowl of pasta? This recipe, provided by Kitchen Door Catering, has all the makings of a great dish – cheese, smoked bacon, and of course, Nova Scotia lobster.
|340 g box||good quality linguini, or homemade pasta dough|
|1/2 lb (200 g)||local smoked bacon**|
|1 tbsp (15 g)||minced garlic|
|1 1/2 lb||Nova Scotia lobster***|
|1/3 cup (80 g)||shaved Grana Padano cheese|
|salt & pepper|
Directions (serves 4):
- Boil the lobster for 8 minutes, then immerse in an ice water bath. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Shell the lobster, trying to keep the claws whole. Cut the rest of the meat into a large dice, and set aside. Save the tail and claw shells.
- Slice bacon into large strips, and begin to cook in large frying pan. When half cooked, add garlic and the shells (to be removed later).
- While the bacon is cooking, add pasta to salted boiling water. Cook until al dente (usually about 10 to 12 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, add egg yolks, half of the Grana Padano, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest, and lobster meat.
- Remove the lobster shell from the frying pan. Drain half of the bacon fat from the frying pan, add to egg mixture, and mix.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to egg mixture while still hot. Mix quickly, as the eggs cook in the mixture; add torn basil leaves.
- Serve, plate and enjoy.
Recipe provided by: Kitchen Door Catering