Maple Bundt Cake
As Canadians, we know that maple makes everything better. That is definitely the case with this Maple Bundt Cake with streusel and maple cream cheese glaze.
It’s the perfect addition to any coffee date. Serve it as dessert for a family dinner. Or bring it to Easter brunch. Or give it as a gift to new neighbours. Or any time, ever. You just need to try this recipe. Maple sweetness and pure bliss.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Bake time: 1 hour
Maple Bundt Cake:
|1 1/2 cups||salted butter, softened|
|1/2 cup||packed dark brown sugar|
|1 1/2 cups||Nova Scotia maple syrup*|
|2 tbsp||vanilla extract|
|3/4 cup||whole milk**|
|5||large eggs, room temperature|
|3 1/2 cups||flour|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|3/4 cup||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup||packed brown sugar|
|6 tbsp||cold butter, cubed|
Maple Cream Cheese Glaze:
|1/2||brick cream cheese, softened|
|1/4 cup||icing sugar|
|100 ml||Nova Scotia maple syrup|
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and work it in with your hands until the mixture resembles a small crumble, or the pieces are more or less the size of peas.
Maple Cream Cheese Icing:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream, together icing sugar and cream cheese with mixer or hand mixer until uniform.
- Add maple syrup and beat at high speed until smooth and glossy.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, and milk. Mix until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, until smooth.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl; flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with fork or pastry cutter until uniform and all lumps are broken-up.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, maybe 1/2 cup at a time, to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a bundt pan. Scrape 1/3 of the cake mixture into the bundt pan, and put 1/2 the crumble around the pan. Add another 1/3 of the cake mix and add remaining streusel. Add remaining cake mix to seal the top and smooth to the edges. Bake for one hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre.
- Let the cake cool in its pan then release some of the edges with a thin knife before overturning onto a plate or rack. Let the cake cool completely before drizzling with cream cheese glaze.
- Garnish with Acadian Maple Products maple flakes (optional.)
Local Source Guide: