Oyster Rockefeller Spaghetti
Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic comfort food, but have you heard of spaghetti and oysters? This decadent dish is a treat to the taste buds, boasting rich flavours of garlic, bacon and fresh Parmesan. Introduce your date, family, or yourself to this luxurious way to enjoy fresh, Nova Scotia oysters.
|4 slices||Meadowbrook Meat Market bacon, sliced*|
|1/2 cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
|4 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|24||Nova Scotia Oysters, shucked and juices reserved**|
|2 tbsp.||Tangled Garden Cafe Diablo liqueur***|
|1/2 cup||Parsley, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup||Fox Hill parmesan, finely grated*****|
Directions (serves 4):
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain.
2. While the pasta cooks, heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Removed to a paper towel lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tbsp. of the bacon grease and return the pan to the heat. Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and toast while stirring until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Wipe out the skillet and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, red pepper flakes and a pink of salt just until the garlic is soft and not yet browned. Add the liqueur and oysters, along with the reserved oyster juice. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half and the oysters are tender – 4-6 minutes.
4. Add the pasta, spinach, parsley, cheese and reserved bacon, tossing to continue.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with toasted breadcrumbs.
Recipe provided by: Wild Card Creative
* Find Meadowbrook Meat Market‘s bacon at their shops in Somerset and Alderney Landing (Dartmouth)
** Purchase your oysters from Taste of Nova Scotia members such as Afishionado Fishmongers, Bay Enterprises, Eel Lake Oyster Farm, Evan’s Seafoods or Sober Island Oysters Ltd.
*** Pick up Tangled Garden products from their distillery in Grand Pré
**** Get your farm-fresh seasonal greens from Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms, Masstown Market, GoodLeaf Farms or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia
***** Find Fox Hill Cheese House parmesan cheese at their locations in Port Williams and Halifax.