Peach & Prosciutto Pizza with Maple Rosemary Aioli
Morris East’s brand of fresh, inspirational food and drink includes local ingredients. This isn’t your typical pizza restaurant and this isn’t your typical pizza recipe. This recipe makes use of great local products such as fresh valley peaches and Nova Scotia maple syrup. Try the recipe for yourself or visit Morris East to try their version fresh out of a wood-fired oven.
Peach & Prosciutto Pizza
|1||Morris East pizza dough ball*|
|1||peach, cut into eighths|
|1/4 cup (60 ml)||local goat cheese|
|Market fresh local micro greens or arugula|
|3||slices prosciutto or Westphalian ham|
|fresh rosemary for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) for at least 30 minutes.
- Roast peaches for 15 minutes or until the edges caramelize.
- Stretch out dough to form a 12-inch (30.5 cm) circle.
- Top dough with a spoonful of Maple Rosemary Aioli (recipe below) and neatly place peaches and goat cheese on the pizza.
- Add a bit of fresh chopped rosemary if you have extra. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, top the pizza with fresh micro-greens (or arugula) and prosciutto. Enjoy with a glass of local Nova Scotia sparkling wine!
* You can substitute with your own homemade dough.
Maple Rosemary Aioli
|1 tsp (5 ml)||100% pure Nova Scotia maple syrup|
|1 tbsp (15 ml)||water|
|2 sprigs||fresh rosemary|
|1 cup (250 ml)||extra virgin olive oil|
|1||lemon, zest & juice|
|to taste||Sea salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Whisk egg yolk, maple syrup, water and rosemary in a glass bowl.
- Slowly add oil to emulsify while whisking.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Recipe Provided by: Morris East Restaurant, Chef Tim Andresen