Planters Ridge Winery Family Favourite: Pumpkin Parfait
This Pumpkin Parfait recipe, submitted by Planters Ridge Winery, is a family favourite. John’s mom would make this for the family in the fall. We hear it’s best enjoyed with a glass of wine…
|3 Tbsp||brown sugar|
|1 cup||graham crumbs|
|3/4 cup||pumpkin puree (you could use canned pumpkin in a pinch)|
|1 1/4 cup||milk (we suggest: Fox Hill Cheese House)|
|1 pkg||butterscotch instant pudding|
|1 pkg||Dream Whip or real whipped cream|
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Stir in sugar and cook over medium heat.
- Heat until thick – approximately 4 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Add crumbs and stir to make crunchy bits.
- Cool on cookie sheet.
- Combine pumpkin, spices, salt and milk. Stir.
- Sprinkle pudding powder over top and whisk until smooth.
- Make Dream Whip or whipped cream as per package instructions.
- Alternate layers of crumb bits, pumpkin and whipped cream in parfait glasses or glass bowl.
- Garnish with a few crunchy bits.
Recipe may be doubled or tripled.
Recipe provided by: Planters Ridge Winery