- Put butter, cocoa, salt and red wine in a pot over medium heat whisking until melted and combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, soda and cinnamon.
- Add in half the chocolate mixture to the bowl and stir by hand until combined (this will be thick but if you use a mixer there will be too much air in the cake and it will rise too much during baking).
- Add the remaining chocolate and combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour into a well-greased Bundt pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for twenty minutes, remove from pan to a cooling rack. When completely cool top with ganache (recipe below).
|1 ½ tbsp
|1 ½ tbsp
- Place chocolate and corn syrup in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the cream and sugar until hot, pour over the chocolate and whisk to melt.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Recipe provided by: Alain Bosse, The Kilted Chef
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.