This chowder by chef Andy Camm of Harbour City Bar & Grill offers a tasty addition to your recipe repertoire. Try it at Harbour City Bar & Grill or make your own to wow guests.
|2 strips||bacon, chopped (we suggest: Meadowbrook Meat Market or The Pork Shop)|
|2 stalks||celery, chopped|
|1/2||large onion, diced|
|1||potato, peeled, diced|
|1 litre||cream, 35%|
|2 cups||fish stock|
|1/2 bunch||thyme, chopped|
|1/2 lb||salmon pieces|
|1 fillets||white fish|
|1/2 lb||baby scallops|
|1/2 lb||baby shrimp|
TIP: Add lobster (as seen in photo), haddock, mussels or use your favourite seafoods – feel free to play with the recipe and make it your own.
- Saute bacon until cooked.
- Add vegetables, herbs & butter.
- Cook until glossy.
- Add flour for roux and cook out flour.
- Add fish stock and cream.
- Heat until desired thickness.
- Add thyme and seafood. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe provided by: Chef Andy Camm, Harbour City Bar & Grill