|1 lb||Ground lamb|
|1||Small onion, diced|
|2||Medium carrots, peeled and chopped|
|1/2 stalk||Leek, peeled and chopped|
|6||Medium potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|3 cloves||Garlic, peeled and chopped|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|Salt, pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme oregano|
For the Mashed Potatoes:
1. Cook the peeled and chopped potato in a pot of salted, boiling water until soft.
2. Drain water from pot and set aside.
3. In a second medium pot, heat butter until melted and then add in cream.
4. Pour the warm butter & cream mixture over the cooked potatoes; add in 1 chopped clove of fresh garlic or ½ tsp of garlic powder, a pinch of nutmeg, ½ tsp of pepper and 1 tsp of salt. Mash with a potato masher until mixed and creamy.
5. Keep warm and set aside.
Preheat Oven to 400 F
For the Meat:
1. Heat olive oil over medium – high heat in a large skillet or pot.
2. When hot, add in ground lamb and brown.
3. Add in salt & pepper, diced onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes before adding the rest of the chopped vegetables.
4. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Add one teaspoon each of rosemary, thyme and oregano.
5. Let the pan simmer on low heat for approximately 10 minutes, ensuring the lamb is cooked through.
1. Pour the meat and vegetable mixture into a heat proof casserole dish, top with the garlic mash potatoes and bake until mash potatoes are lightly browned. Remove from oven and serve hot.