Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
The perfect way to begin your weekend morning is by spoiling your taste buds! This Nova Scotia twist on a classic Eggs Benedict features fresh J. Willy Krauch Atlantic smoked salmon and a perfectly poached egg. Bon Appetit!
|6||whole wheat English muffins|
|12 slices||J. Willy Krauch smoked salmon|
|For garnish (optional)||Smoked paprika, finely chopped fresh tarragon, crispy bacon, capers.|
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Serves: 3-6 people
- Poach eggs in simmering water with a pinch of salt and splash of vinegar, for approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water using slotted spoon, and immerse in ice water to stop cooking.
- Hold until ready to serve.
- Split all English muffins in two halves. butter and toast.
- Place slices of smoked salmon over bottom six rounds of each toasted English muffin
- Re-heat eggs (trim excess cooked egg white) by immersing in simmering hot water for one minute.
- Place re-heated eggs over smoked salmon on each round.
- Drizzle Hollandaise sauce to taste over poached egg and garnish (optional).
- Place top of each muffin on top, and serve.
Get the Hollandaise sauce* recipe here!
Local Source Guide
Seafood: J. Willy Krauch & Sons, Evan’s Seafood & Restaurant, Arichat Seafood Market, Clearwater Seafoods Ltd., Masstown Market’s ‘Catch of the Day’, Comeau’s Sea Foods Ltd., Fisherman’s Market
Produce: Masstown Market, Noggins Corner Farm Market, Boulangerie la Vendéenne
Herbs: Bonny Lea Farm