Sip into spring with this bright and flavourful drink. Made with honeydew, elderflower liqueur, Ironworks Amber Rum and a few other special ingredients, this recipe is a must have addition for your drink collection.
|2 oz||Ironworks Amber Rum*|
|1/4 oz||elderflower liqueur|
|3/4 oz||lime juice|
|1 1/2 oz||fresh honeydew melon juice|
|1/2 oz||simple syrup (equal parts sugar & water)|
|2||dashes of absinthe|
|splash of tonic|
- Add mint to shaker tin, and gently muddle.
- Add all ingredients with the exception of tonic to a shaker tin.
- Add ice and shake vigorously until cold.
- Strain into a tall Collins-style glass filled with ice. Add tonic and stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint, lime zest and/or a slice of honeydew melon.
Recipe by: Emily Orr
Photography by: Jessica Emin
*Find Ironworks Amber Rum at the distillery, select Farmers’ Markets or from Ironworks’ online store.
**Pick up farm-fresh seasonal produce from Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms, Masstown Market or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.