Taste of the Month: Seafood
Break out your lobster bibs because it’s SEAFOOD MONTH at Taste of Nova Scotia! This July we’re celebrating our love for seafood and we want you to join us. Grab your Seafood Trails passport because now’s the time to experience fresh Nova Scotia seafood.
- If you’ve never shucked an oyster before this is your chance. Check your passport for oyster trail stops and experience this local tradition.
- Have you always dreamed of purchasing lobster straight from the fishermen? There are several seafood experiences on the lobster trail that allow you to crack open the freshest Nova Scotia lobster.
- Hit the chowder trail and taste your way through all the flavours of Nova Scotia seafood chowder.
- Everyone has a favourite style of fish and chips. Try them all on the fish and chips trail.
From July 28 to 31, experience all there is to see and do on the Halifax Waterfront during the 2017 RDV Tall Ships Regatta.
- At Food Fare by the Sea (July 28 to 31 on the Salter Block) fill up on delicious food from local vendors.
- Take part in a community picnic on McNabs Island on July 29.
- Try a Taste of Nova Scotia on Georges Island (July 28 to 29) at the Lobster Feast, Good Cheer BBQ, and Sip n’ Shuck events – with the Tall Ships as your majestic backdrop.
There are new seafood recipes on the Taste of Nova Scotia website for you to sink your teeth into and if you’re firing up the barbecue, check out our latest blog featuring four new summer drink recipes.
This month there’s no shortage of things to do – so get cracking! #tasteofthemonth
Curious what we’ve got planned next? In the coming months, we’ll be featuring the following Nova Scotia themes:
August – Blueberries
September – Oysters
October – Harvest