6 Chef Tips For a Stress-Free Christmas Dinner
Stress-free Christmas dinner? Yes, please!
To help with your holiday cooking, we’re sharing chef Jonathan Joseph’s (Argyler Lodge & Restaurant) top six tips for making Christmas dinner a little less stressful this year:
- Tip 1: Start preparing your plan early and recruit help.
- Tip 2: Prep as many things as you can the day before.
- Tip 3: Write out a timeline.
- Tip 4: Support local. Chef Jonathan will be visiting the Yarmouth Farmers’ Market to pick up local mushrooms, steaks and lobster. If you need suggestions for what’s close to you, we’ve got lots of local ideas!
- Tip 5: Music! To keep things relaxed while cooking, chef Jonathan plays songs that make him laugh like Christmas in Hollis by Run-DMC or Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.
- Tip 6: While you’re cooking, enjoy a local wine, beer, cider or spirit – have fun in the kitchen!
Happy Holidays from everyone at the Argyler Lodge and Taste of Nova Scotia!