Taste of the Month: Blueberries
We’ve got some berry good news!
It’s BLUEBERRY MONTH at Taste of Nova Scotia, so roll up your sleeves because things are about to get delightfully messy! We’re celebrating our love for blueberries and we want you to join in on the fun.
- U-Picks: Have you ever picked a blueberry straight from the field and eaten it? Now is your chance to experience this late-summer tradition!
- Wine: Lazy summer evenings were made for sipping blueberry wine – several of our winery members, including Lunenburg County Winery and Muwin Estate Wines, offer the perfect wine for such nights
- Blueberry Grunt: A classic Nova Scotia tradition – take time to make a batch (or two) this month
- Festival: Eat, drink, and celebrate blueberries during the Wild Blueberry Harvest Festival Aug. 18 to Sept. 2. If you’ve ever wanted to participate in a pie eating contest, this event is a perfect opportunity!
- Buy Local: Purchase Nova Scotia blueberries from Stirling Fruit Farms, Masstown Market, Noggins Corner Farm Market or your local Farmers’ Market
- Celebrate Community: Attend a community picnic, supper or pancake breakfast – there will be several taking place this month
- Music: Live music and kitchen parties will be happening in communities across the province. Check out the 2017 schedule of events for more information
All month, we’ll be featuring new blueberry recipes on our website. Try out the Blueberry Honey Cake with Bluenose Rum Sauce; Blueberry, Bacon, and Quark Tart; Blueberry Lavender Gin Fizz or another classic, Nova Scotia Blueberry Pie.
Blueberry season won’t last long so fill your boots with this #tasteofthemonth
Curious what we’ve got planned next? In the coming months, we’ll be featuring the following Nova Scotia themes:
September – Oysters
October – Harvest
November – Craft Beverages
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.