Taste of the Month: Blueberry
One of the berry best seasons has arrived!
It’s blueberry season and to get you prepped we’re celebrating blueberry month at Taste of Nova Scotia.
– Eat, drink, and celebrate all things blueberries during the Wild Blueberry Harvest Festival Aug. 17 to Sept. 1, 2018.
– Make a trip to Jost Vineyards on August 18, 2018 for their Blueberry Festival from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – wine, live music and blueberry-themed menu items!
- U-Picks: Roll up your sleeves and head out to the blueberry field. If you’ve never eaten freshly picked high bush blueberries before you’re missing out! Stop by Lunenburg County Winery’s u-pick or visit the Wild Blueberry Harvest Festival website for more information on u-picks across the province.
- Buy Local: No time to make it to the field? Don’t fret. You can purchase Nova Scotia wild blueberries from Stirling Fruit Farms, Masstown Market, Noggins Corner Farm Market or your local Farmers’ Market
- Wine: Lazy summer evenings were made for sipping blueberry wine – luckily Lunenburg County Winery, Muwin Estate Wines and Sainte-Famille Wines, craft the perfect wine for such occasions!
- Blueberry indulgence: Don’t stop at blueberry wine – make sure you soak up all the blueberry you can this month! Try Nova Scotia blueberry liqueur, blueberry jam, and blueberry tea.
- Music: Kick up your feet at the Wild Blueberry Jam! The Wild Blueberry Harvest Festival kick off concert on August 17th will feature music, food vendors and the annual pie eating contest. Count us in!
Blueberry season won’t last forever so dig into the season and don’t forget to #tasteofthemonth.
Want to know what we’ve got coming up? Expect foodie news on these themes in the upcoming months:
September – Apple
October – Harvest
November – Taste of Tradition