GRAB YOUR SPOON AND HIT THE TRAIL
The 2015 Chowder Trail features 61 chowders from across Nova Scotia.
What better way to taste Nova Scotia than to enjoy a bowl of seafood chowder. We take the finest seafood from our cold, clean waters and pair it with produce from our lush fertile valleys. Our chowders are warm and comforting, much like the character of our people. Every bowl tells the story of who we are and where we’re from.
Chowder Trail Passports
The Chowder Trail Passport is your guide to exploring all 61 chowders throughout the province. Every time you order a chowder you receive a stamp. Passports are available from May 1 to October 19, 2015 at participating restaurants and Nova Scotia Visitor Information Centres or you can browse through a digital copy of the passport here. Click on the map icon to plan your Chowder Trail route.
Official rules & regulations
How to use the Chowder Trail Passport
Order a bowl of chowder.
Take notes and even give it a score.
Get your passport stamped.
Collect as many stamps as you can.
Collect a minimum of 3 stamps and qualify for a prize.
Mail entry form to the attached address.
Chowder Trail Passport Prizes
3+ Stamps$100 gift certificate to a Taste of Nova Scotia seafood company of your choice
10+ StampsGrohmann Seafood Knife Set ($250 Value)
20+ Stamps$500 in gift certificates to a selection of participating chowder trail restaurants of your choice
- 2 Doors Down
- Chives Canadian Bistro
- Emma’s Eatery
- Evan’s Fresh Seafoods & Restaurant
- Five Fishermen Restaurant & Grill
- Harbour City Bar & Grill
- Inn on the Lake
- McKelvie’s Fish Market Fresh
- Morris East Restaurant
- Seasons by Atlantica
- Tempo Food + Drink, Delta Barrington Hotel
- Atlantica Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre, La Vista Restaurant
- Charlotte Lane
- Grand Banker Bar & Grill
- Lane’s Privateer Inn
- Mateus Bistro
- Old Fish Factory Restaurant & Ice House Bar
- Quarterdeck Beachside Villas & Grill
- Rhubarb at the Oceanstone Resort
- Rime Restaurant + Wine Bar
- Salt Shaker Deli
- Sou’Wester Restaurant & Gift Shop
- The Galley Restaurant and Lounge
- The Lobster Shack
- Trellis Cafe
- White Point Beach Resort, Elliot’s Dining Room
Cape Breton Island
- Arichat Seafood Market
- Cabot Links
- Celtic Music Interpretive Centre
- Governors Pub & Eatery
- Inverary on Baddeck Bay
- Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa
- McCurdy’s Restaurant, Silver Dart Lodge
- Miller’s Tap & Grill/Miller’s Café
- Restaurant Avalon at Castle Rock Country Inn
- The Grubstake Restaurant
- The Red Shoe Pub
Yarmouth & Acadian Shore
- Argyler Lodge & Restaurant
- Red Cap Restaurant & Motel
- Rudder’s Seafood Restaurant & Brew Pub
- The Hatfield House Culinary Experiences & Restaurant
- Trout Point Lodge
Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
- Bistro 22
- Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa
- Hall’s Harbour Lobster Pound & Restaurant
- Le Caveau Restaurant
- Masstown Market
- Paddy’s Brewpub & Rosie’s Restaurant
- The Acadian Dining Room, Old Orchard Inn
- The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery Ltd.
- The Port Pub
- Union Street Café & the Wickwire Pub
- Wild Caraway Restaurant & Café
Share your Chowder Trail adventures by using #ChowderTrail.
Starting my #chowdertrail
A very yummy looking cookbook 😊 #chowdertrail #chowderlove
Chowder #2: Kitchen Door Catering seafood chowder, paired with Grand Pre Reisling. #ChowderTrail #TasteofNS #SSX2015
Chowder #1: Emma’s Eatery seafood chowder paired with Hell Bay Dark Cream Ale. #ChowderTrail #TasteofNS #SSX2015
We’re just about ready to get cooking at the @tasteofns Chowder Cook-off at the Saltscapes Expo! #tasteofND #ChowderTrail #SSX2015
Taste of Nova Scotia chowder competition~ Go Jonathan go! #lanesprivateerinn #tasteofns #chowdertrail
Critiquing seafood chowders with Dad #chowdertrail #bmwcruisin
#grabyourspoon #chowdertrail Chowder at @2doorsdownHFX #smokedseafoodchowder #2doorsdown #halifax #novascotia #regramapp