What’s Cooking in Nova Scotia July 14 to 28?
July is all about festivals, seafood and wine! From a food truck party and breakfast by the sea, to traveling off the beaten path, here’s what’s cooking in Nova Scotia this week:
Une Soirée de Poésie Française at Planters Ridge Winery – spend the evening enjoying delicious wine and the beauty of a French poetry reading.
It’s a food truck party and everyone’s invited! At The Coast Food Truck Party visit our friends from Kitchen Door Catering for yummy eats, then stop by Garrison Brewery for some #ThirstyThursday suds.
Boots, chaps and cowboy hats – The Port Pub is going country. Get your 2-step ready for dancing the night away with music by Jason Price – remember to re-fuel with BBQ Sticky Ribs or The Port Burger.
Miller’s Tap & Grill is having a customer appreciation party. Come out and enjoy drink specials, live music, good eats, and more.
July 17 & 18
Lincoln Street Food – Where food meets fashion. Muriel Dombret will be showcasing her summer collection and the folks at Lincoln Street will be serving a special “fashionista” prix fixe dinner.
Relax in the sun at Jost Vineyards Summer Festival. Take a bike ride around the vines or enjoy the tunes with a glass of wine.
Take a wine and vine experience tour at Avondale Sky Winery – learn about the wine-making process, sample wine, and get hands-on in the vineyard.
Kick-up your heels at Luckett Vineyards Blues on the Hill event. Start the night dancing then relax on the patio with a glass of wine or beer and feast on a delicious meal.
Peach and prosciutto pizza, fish tacos, sushi, eggs benedict… Are you hungry yet? Enjoy it all at The Prince George Hotel this Sunday for their pride week kick-off brunch.
Travel off the beaten path on a Good Cheer Trail adventure with Go North Tours this #ThirstyThursday. Avondale Sky Winery & Meander River Farm and Brewery will get you two stamps on your passport – only 36 more to go!
Cocktail party anyone? The Hatfield House Culinary Experiences & Restaurant is hosting a soirée on their patio. Learn to make two types of cocktails and eat your way through delicious tapas – like lobster popcorn.
A culinary experience like no other – dining on the ocean floor at low tide. Enjoy locally-sourced food and beverages, a guided shore tour, sunset gazing, and a bonfire atop the cliffs with The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery.
Make it a weekend getaway and stay at the Pictou Lodge Beach Resort. Their Oceanside breakfast is a great way to start the day before heading out for fun in the sun at the Pugwash HarbourFest.
On-going events to watch for:
- June – September: Visit Gaspereau Vineyards Saturdays from June 27 to September 5 for musical entertainment, wine and snacks on their vine-side patio.
- June – September: The folks at Rudder’s Seafood Restaurant and Brew Pub want to teach you all about lobster. Learn the tricks of the trade from local fishers atop a real lobster fishing boat every Tuesday from June 30 to September 15.
- June – October: Head down to L’Acadie Vineyards on Saturdays from 1pm-5pm for an exciting culinary Food Truck experience, and while you’re there enjoy a glass of their 2014 organic Rosé.
- July – August: Set sail each Wednesday this summer with Luckett Vineyards and Tall Ship Silva for their Wine on the Water event. Feast on a five-course meal while you enjoy local wines and a two hour tour of the harbour.
- July – August: Enjoy live music, martinis, mojitos, and tapas on the outdoor patio at Domaine de Grand Pré every Thursday from July 2 to August 27.
- July – October: Join Grape Escapes Wine Tours on select Saturdays from July to October for an exclusive tour at Benjamin Bridge and a two course gourmet lunch at Blomidon Inn. Tickets are $129 per person.
- All summer long: Pizza, sandwiches and more – Experience it all at Scanway Bakery & Café with their summer rooftop patio menu.
Save the Date:
- August 1, 2015: Be part of the celebration with Food Day Canada. Stay tuned for exciting culinary events.
- August 2, 2015: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery want you to join in, for the food and for the fun, at their One Year Anniversary Bash.
- August 15 and September 12, 2015: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery – Dining on the Ocean Floor. Only two more dates available so book your spot now. $250+HST per person or $475+HST per couple.
- August 7 & 8, 2015: The Halifax Seaport BeerFest returns for its ninth annual “Beer on the Pier” at the Cunard Center. Get your tickets at select NSLC stores or online.
- August 14-29, 2015: The Annual Wild Blueberry Harvest Festival is taking place with blueberry themed events throughout central Nova Scotia. Make sure you don’t miss out.
- August 20 and September 17, 2015: The Coast is proud to bring you another summer of food truck fare with their Food Truck Party. Admission is $2.
- September 23-26, 2015: Tickets for the NSLC Port of Wines Festival go on sale August 7 – Don’t miss out on this great event.