What’s Cooking in Nova Scotia June 16 to 30?
June is shaping up to be a great month – from Father’s Day celebrations and a musical comedy show, to sipping wine on a vine-side patio, here’s what’s cooking in Nova Scotia this week:
Swing into the Grafton Street Dinner Theatre this weekend and crash the wedding reception of the season. Their musical comedy show “Band of Gold” is sure to get you up off your seat – once you’ve finished dinner of course.
Get the whole family together this weekend for finger-licking fun. Roast marshmallows under the stars at a beach bonfire then wake up to a hearty Father’s Day breakfast at White Point Beach Resort.
Treat dad to an early Father’s Day gift with an Italian spring-inspired dinner at Sugar Moon Farm. Chef Craig Flinn from Chives Canadian Bistro will showcase his culinary talents on Saturday, June 20 cooking up a delicious five-course meal for all to enjoy.
Father, papa, dad – whatever you call him don’t forget to treat him. This Father’s Day give your dad the gift of good food with a delicious brunch at Fleur De Sel Restaurant or The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery.
He’ll be screaming Fore! before he’s even out the door when you tell him you’re treating him to a round of golf and the Big Daddy Breakfast at Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa this Father’s Day.
Let your dad know just how much you appreciate him with a yummy dinner and sweet treat. Try the pan seared haddock dinner and strawberry rhubarb shortcake at Inn on the Lake.
Celebrate Father’s Day with bacon ……. I mean dad, of course. Satisfy those bacon cravings when you treat dad to the beacon wrapped land and sea meal from The Galley Restaurant and Lounge.
In the woods, by the sea, straight out of the earth – this is where the wild things grow. Enjoy nature’s splendors at the Wild Caraway Annual Foraging Dinner.
Start the weekend early this #ThirstyThursday by enjoying a pint and a bite at The Townhouse Brewpub & Eatery – One stamp on your Good Cheer Trail passport down, only 37 more to go.
On-going events to watch for:
- June: Every Wednesday in June enjoy live music at The Grand Banker Bar & Grill. Listen to some tunes and feast on a true taste of Nova Scotia with their Po Boy Fish Sandwich – we promise you won’t be sorry.
- June – September: Visit Gaspereau Vineyards Saturdays from June 27 to September 5 for musical entertainment, wine and snacks on their vine-side patio.
- June – October: Head down to L’Acadie Vineyards on Saturdays from 1-5 for an exciting culinary Food Truck experience, and while you’re there enjoy a glass of their 2014 certified organic Rosé.
- July – August: Enjoy live music, martinis, mojitos, and tapas on the outdoor patio at Domaine de Grand Pré every Thursday from July 2 to August 27.
- July – October: Join Grape Escapes Wine Tours on select Saturdays from July to October for an exclusive tour at Benjamin Bridge and a two course gourmet lunch at Blomidon Inn. Tickets are $129 per person.
- All summer long: Pizza, sandwiches and more – Experience it all at Scanway Bakery & Café with their summer rooftop-patio menu.
Save the Date:
- June 27, 2015: Planters Ridge Winery Anniversary Dinner– The event starts at 6pm, tickets are $65+HST per person which includes dinner and wine.
- June 27, 2015: Party Boots is back for the Summer Celebration on the Hill at Luckett Vineyard. Tickets are $50 and include admission, dinner and one glass of LV wine or Sea Level Beer – get yours before they’re gone.
- June 27, July 25, August 15, and September 12, 2015: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery. Dining on the Ocean Floor. Only four dates available so book your spot now. $250+HST per person or $475+HST per couple.
- July 18, 2015: Roll up your sleeves and get ready for a vineyard and winery experience tour from 12pm-4pm at Avondale Sky Winery.
- July 18, 2015: It’s Blues on the Hill at Luckett Vineyards. Tickets are $50 and include admission, dinner and one glass of LV wine or Sea Level Beer.
- August 7 & 8, 2015: The Halifax Seaport BeerFest returns for its 9th annual “Beer on the Pier” at the Cunard Center. Get your tickets at select NSLC stores or online.
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.