Yes, you read the recipe correctly! These delicious Snow Pancakes (garnished with local Empire apples from Noggins Corner Farm Market cooked in Ironworks Rhubarb Esprit) definitely make winter more bearable.
|1 cup||clean snow (from under the crusty part)|
|1 cup||all purpose flour|
|1 cup||whole milk (we suggest: Fox Hill Cheese House)|
|1 tbsp||butter for frying|
|garnish||local blueberries or apples|
- Combine all ingredients (except snow) and mix until the batter is formed.
- Heat frying pan and melt butter.
- Just before frying, incorporate snow by folding it into the batter.
- Drop pancake batter into the pan to your desired size.
- Fry gently util the batter bubbles on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip and cook final side to desired colour and until centre is cooked. The cooking should take a bit longer than you expect – patience is the name of the game.
- Garnish with local blueberries or apples from your local farmers’ market and top with Nova Scotia maple syrup from Sugar Moon Farm.
Recipe provided by: Chef Jeffery MacNeil.