Culinary Countdown: Nova Scotia Craft Beer
Countdown to Christmas
We’re making your holiday shopping easy this year with #24DaysofTaste, Nova Scotia’s Culinary Countdown.
Count down to Christmas with us as we suggest 24 amazing local gifts to fill stockings, make at home, put under the tree, give as host gifts or share with family and friends for your holiday entertaining.
DECEMBER 24: Nova Scotia Craft Beer
Raise a glass to Nova Scotia’s rapidly growing craft beer industry! Gift a bottle of a local brew to the craft beer lover in your life or incorporate it into your holiday gatherings. There’s no shortage of ways to include beer in your festivities!
- Be the star of the holiday parties by bringing a 6 pack of beer from your favourite local brewery
- Purchase a bottle and use it as a stocking stuffer for the craft beer aficionado in your life
- Take a brewery tour with your friends and family over the holidays
- Get creative and try cooking with beer! This Red Beer Batter Fish and Chips with Bacon Tartar Sauce and these Pork Chops cooked in beer are sure to be crowd pleasers
- Beer cocktails are rising in popularity – try your hand at making a Snakebite!
- Sugah! Confectionary and Ice Cream Emporium make incredible chocolate bars with roasted barley from Garrison Brewing Company. Try out their Brew Bars!
Taste of Nova Scotia Breweries/Brewpubs: Garrison Brewing Company, Propeller Brewing Company, Boxing Rock Brewing Company, Meander River Farm & Brewery, Rare Bird Craft Beer, Saltbox Brewing Company, Paddy’s Brewpub & Rosie’s Restaurant, Rudder’s Seafood Restaurant & Brew Pub, The Townhouse Brewpub & Eatery
Purchase: At local farmers’ markets, from the breweries, select NSLC stores or private wine shops, like Bishop’s Cellar or, if you’re flying out of Nova Scotia, Liquid Assets (past security at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport)
More Info: Craft Brewers Association of Nova Scotia
Share your favourites: #24daysoftaste