2021 Culinary Trails Renewal
Dear Culinary Trails participants,
We are so excited to be launching the 2021 Culinary Trails. After this past year of navigating constant changes to public health regulations, travel restrictions and more, we know that these trails will continue to offer Nova Scotians (and hopefully Atlantic Canadians) with a fun and engaging tool to eat and drink their way across our province.
The Culinary Trails continue to get provincial, national and international attention as a best practice in culinary tourism product development.
Plans for the 2021 season include:
- NEW Mobile App!!!
- NEW this year, Taste of Nova Scotia will be launching Mobile App, with funding support from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency. We are thrilled to be working with app developer Daruma Tech, who have built numerous award-winning passport style apps for the Vermont Brewers Association, New York Craft Beer and Maryland’s Wineries, Breweries & Distilleries, to name a few.
- The iPhone and Android compatible app will launch this spring on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. It will be free for consumers to download and will allow locals and visitors to explore our province’s food and drink products and experiences from the palm of their hand.
- The Taste of Nova Scotia mobile app will house the three culinary trails – Good Cheer, Chowder and Lobster Trail – with digital passports, stamps, business listings, mapping, prizing, and more.
- We look forward to sharing more information as the development process continues.
- Printed passports – we will do limited print run of passports this year to enhance the digital presence as we know many people still love a printed passport.
- Passport stamps, stands, participant t-shirts, and signage
- Ongoing marketing campaign, including print, digital, social, media relations, and more.
- Updates to the websites and mobile check-ins
- Enhanced passport incentive program, including t-shirts for all three trails and an incredible grand prize
- Three ways to STAMP your passport
- This year, consumers will be able to stamp their passport in three easy ways – printed passport, mobile app digital passport, and website remote check-in.
We are happy to announce that we will once again be working with The Well Creative Consultants for their creative direction and project management on the delivery of the 2021 Culinary Trails.
The cost to participate in the trails will remain $250 + HST, which can be paid online through Shopify or by cheque made payable to Taste of Nova Scotia. Payment plan options are also available if requested. For businesses wishing to set up payment plan options, contact Brenda Wilson to discuss an option that best works for your business. Should you wish to participate in more than one trail, we are pleased to once again offer a 25% discount on each trail fee.
We will also commit to purchasing $50 in gift certificates from every single trail stop location for contesting purposes.
Prizing & Contesting:
- T-Shirts – we will continue to offer the ever-popular consumer t-shirt incentive for those you achieve a certain number of stamps.
- Grand Prize – New this year, we will have one grand prize draw for a $25 Gift Certificate to EVERY trail stop location. Depending on the trail and the number of trail stops, we estimate this prize value to range from $1,250 to $2,500 in value.
- We will hold weekly social media contest with gift certificates to various trail stop locations as prizes. Every location will be featured at least once in a social media contest.
If you have any questions about the upcoming culinary trails program, please contact Brenda Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-492-9291 ext. 114. Please note, the deadline for renewals is Friday, April 9, 2021.
Taste of Nova Scotia