Cabot Links Seafood Chowder
You must try chef Tracy Wallace’s award-winning chowder, brimming with lobster, scallops, haddock, bacon, potatoes and leeks. This recipe makes 6 portions and it is also gluten free!
|1/2 lb||haddock, cut in large cubes|
|1/4 lb||whole scallops|
|1/6 lb||lobster, diced|
|1/2 cup||bacon, cooked and diced|
|1 1/2 cups||potatoes, peeled and diced|
|1/2 cup||leeks, cleaned and diced|
|1/4 cup||carrots, peeled and diced|
|1/4 cup||celery, diced|
|3 cups||whipping cream|
|3 1/2 cups||water|
|salt and pepper to taste|
1. Bring carrots, leeks, celery and potatoes to a boil in water.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Add scallops and simmer for 5 more minutes.
4. Add lobster, haddock, bacon and cream. Simmer for 5- 10 more minutes
5. Salt and pepper to taste. You can garnish with puff pastry cut out into fleuron’s if desired.
Recipe provided by: Chef Tracy Wallace, Cabot Links
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.