Lane’s Privateer Inn Creamy Seafood Chowder
|1/4 to 1/3 cup||butter, divided|
|1/2 lb||haddock fillet, in one piece|
|4 ounces||scallops, halved if large|
|4 ounces||cooked lobster, cut in bite-size pieces|
|2||green onions, chopped|
|2 tbsp||fresh basil, chopped (2 tsp dried)|
|2 tsp||fresh tarragon, chopped (1/2 tsp dried)|
|2 cups||coffee cream (18% m.f.)|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tbsp of the butter; sweat onion until translucent, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add potato and water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lay haddock fillet over potatoes; simmer until potatoes are tender and fish flakes easily with fork, about 5 minutes. Set aside (do not drain).
- In skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter; sautee scallops, lobster, green onions, basil and tarragon until scallops are opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to potato mixture and stir in cream; cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe provided by: Lane’s Privateer Inn