Organic Hot Cereal with Maple Whipped Cream
This melt-in-your mouth recipe is easy to make and good at any time of day! Breakfast, brunch, a mid-afternoon snack or breakfast for supper – this recipe from Sugar Moon Farm will warm you up and keep you revitalized.
|1 cup||organic brown rice|
|1 cup||organic quinoa|
|250 ml||whipping cream|
|1 ounce||Sugar Moon Farm maple syrup|
- Put grain in sieve and rinse very well. Put in heavy pot. Add water and salt. Leave lid off.
- Bring to boil on induction burner.
- When it comes to a boil, put lid on and turn to lowest heat (1). Set timer for 35 min.
- After 35 minutes, turn off heat. Don’t lift lid. Let sit undisturbed for another 20 minutes.
- For the Maple Whipped Cream – beat cream and maple syrup together til thick.
- Pack cereal into ramekins while warm. Pack hard, and they will turn out better when served. Leave in the ramekins to set for 10 minutes before turning them out.
- Run knife around edge and turn onto plate. Top with toasted almond slices, dried cranberries (try: Terra Beata) , and a generous dollop of maple whipped cream.