Culinary Countdown: Authentic Seacoast
Countdown to Christmas
We’re making your holiday shopping easy this year with 24 Days of Taste, Nova Scotia’s Culinary Countdown.
From December 1 to 24, join us as we count down to Christmas with 24 amazing local gift ideas to fill stockings, make at home, put under the tree, give as host gifts or share with family and friends for your holiday entertaining!
DECEMBER 19: Authentic Seacoast Distillery Hot Buttered Spiced Rum Recipe (ft. Sea Fever™ Spiced Rum)
Cozy up this holiday season with a classic Hot Buttered Spiced Rum made with Authentic Seacoast’s popular Sea Fever™ Spiced Rum.
Winter can be a hard season in the Maritimes. These cold months require something with a bit more character in your glass. For centuries, the hot buttered rum has been the winter warmer of choice for those living in our northern climes. It’s a drink that not only warms the body, but the soul. Authentic Seacoast’s Sea Fever™ Spiced Rum adds the perfect touch of all your favourite winter spices and sweet aromas for hibernation season that elevates this classic beverage to a whole new (sea) level. Cheers and happy holidays from Authentic Seacoast to you and yours!
What You’ll Need
- 6 oz. Sea Fever™ Spiced rum
- 5 oz. Brown sugar
- 2 oz. Butter
- 2 oz. Honey
- 0.2 tsp. Pinch Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 16 oz. Boiled water
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 0.1 oz. Freshly grated nutmeg
- Dissolve the brown sugar and honey with a little bit of the boiling water in a large heatproof measuring cup or pot.
- Add Sea Fever™ Spiced Rum, butter, ground cinnamon, cloves and salt – mix well.
- Stir in the remaining hot water and divide mixture equally between four mugs.
- Add cinnamon stick to eat mug and grate nutmeg on top for garnish.
Price: Sea Fever™ Spiced Rum – $34.99 (750ml)
Where to Purchase: You can find Sea Fever™ Rum in NSLC stores across Nova Scotia, NSLC’s Online Store, directly from the Authentic Seacoast Distillery in Guysborough and their Acadian Maple retail shop in Upper Tantallon.
Social Media: Twitter – @SeaFeverRum, @AuthenticSeacoast. Facebook – Sea Fever Rum, Authentic Seacoast Company. Instagram – @seafeverrum, @authenticseacoast
More Information: Sea Fever Rum website
Share your favourites: #CulinaryCountdown
Enter to Win a FREE Distillery Tour and Sampling for Two
- Post a festive photo of you enjoying the Hot Buttered Spiced Rum cocktail you proudly made using Sea Fever Spiced Rum on Instagram! Either on your profile or in your story. Make sure you include a bottle of Sea Fever Spiced Rum in your photo with the cocktail.
- Tag Authentic Seacoast in your post using the Instagram handles, @seafeverrum and @authenticseacoast. (This contest is only applicable using Instagram.)
- Your tagged post will make you eligible to win a FREE distillery tour and sampling for two! The winner will be selected on January 15th, 2020, and their photo will be re-posted through our Instagram. Authentic Seacoast will contact the winner through Instagram DM, with their invite for two, to the Authentic Seacoast Distillery in Guysborough, Nova Scotia. The tour and sampling offer will be valid until December 31st, 2021.
About Authentic Seacoast:
Founded in 2005, Authentic Seacoast is a family-owned business headquartered in Guysborough, Nova Scotia in the consumer products and tourism industries. It owns and operates the elegant DesBarres Manor Inn (1837) and Distillery House, adjacent to its showcase distillery-brewery-hopyard-apiary. It produces hand-crafted medal-winning fine spirits, including GLYNNEVAN® whisky, FORTRESS® and SEA FEVER® rums, and VIRGA® vodka, as well as RARE BIRD® craft beers, ready-to-drink vodka sodas, certified organic-fair-trade-kosher FULL STEAM® coffees, GLANBURN® water, artisanal soaps, baked goods, among others.
Acadian Maple Products, of Upper Tantallon, Nova Scotia, joined the Authentic Seacoast family in 2019. Acadian Maple® is the largest producer of maple syrup products in the province, selling its array of foods throughout Canada and around the world.