Atlantic Salmon with a Wild Blueberry Chutney
Seafood and wild blueberries are a staple here in Nova Scotia. This Atlantic Salmon with a Wild Blueberry Chutney by The Kilted Chef combines both of these classic favourites into a delicious dish.
Wild Blueberry Chutney
|1/2 cup||fresh blueberries|
|1/4 cup||balsamic vinegar|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- In a small saucepan on med-high heat melt butter, add blueberries, sugar and sauté for a few minutes, until blueberries are nice and shiny.
- Add balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes and let rest until ready to serve.
|2||8 oz salmon fillet|
|2 oz||olive oil|
|2 pinch of sea salt|
|6 turns of ground pepper|
- In a cast-iron pan on high heat place the oil till it starts to get hot, then place the salmon in the pan and heat on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Move to a pre heated oven at 350F (180 C) for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Bring out and rest for a few minutes. Serve with your favorite sides and drizzle with the blueberry balsamic compote.