Chef Chris Velden’s Mojo Marinade
Add zing to chicken or pork with this great summer marinade from Chef Chris Velden of The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery. This zesty marinade is perfect for barbecue season, just whip it up, toss in the meat and refrigerate overnight. Family and friends will be raving about this quick and delicious recipe.
|2 cups||orange juice|
|1 cup||lime or lemon juice|
|2 cloves||fresh garlic (we suggest picking some up from your local Farmers’ Market)|
|1/2||medium onion (we suggest: Noggins Corner Farm Market, Masstown Market or your local Farmers’ Market)|
|1/2 cup||olive oil or vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup||chopped cilantro (can substitute parsley)|
|2 tbsp||sweet chili sauce|
|pinch of cayenne pepper|
|pinch of chili powder|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Place two to four pieces of meat (chicken or pork) in a shallow dish or a Zip-top bag, and top with marinade.
- Toss and turn the bag to coat the meat evenly.
- Marinate the meat in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight. Turn or toss the meat at least once during this time.
- Remove the meat from marinade and grill on the barbecue or roast in the oven.
- Always discard any marinade that has been in contact with raw meat.