Delicatessen Pizza paired with Blomidon Blow Me Down Rosé
|1||Morris East pizza dough ball|
|2 tbsp||Roasted garlic oil|
|3 balls||Bocconcini, torn|
|1/4 cup||Pickled onions|
|4-6 pieces||Prosciutto, torn|
|4-6 pieces||Soppressata, torn|
|2 tbsp||Pecorino, shaved|
- Heat your oven to 500F for at least 30 minutes. If you have a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet, add it to the oven while it preheats.
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour. Gently stretch out your pizza dough, carefully not squeezing too much air, and leaving a nice rim around the edge to form a great crust in the oven.
- Flour a pizza peel or your baking sheet and transfer the pizza dough to the peel.
- Drizzle garlic oil over the dough. Using the back of a spoon, start in the middle making circles to evenly cover oil over the dough. Scatter pieces of bocconcini, prosciutto, soppressata and pickled onions evenly over the base.
- Working quickly, open the oven door and slide the pizza in. Check pizza after 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, top with fresh arugula, shaved pecorino and a drizzle of chilli honey.
- Eat immediately and pair with a glass of Blomidon Blow Me Down Rosé.
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.