Tatamagouche Ice Creamery Melted Ice Cream Hot Chocolate
This unique twist on a classic is perfect for any hot chocolate lover. Featuring Tatamagouche Ice Creamery ice cream, it’s creamy, decadent and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
|500 ml||Tatamagouche Ice Creamery Very Vanilla ice cream, softened*|
|1 cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tbsp||Espresso or strong coffee|
|Pinch of sea salt|
|Marshmallows (bonus points for homemade)|
- Remove ice cream from freezer and let soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, sugar and salt until dissolved (approximately 3 minutes).
- Whisk in cocoa powder until fully incorporated.
- Add ice cream and continue cooking over medium heat, continuing to whisk, until mixture is hot.
- Add a tablespoon of espresso or strong coffee. This will be enough to amplify the chocolate flavours without tasting like coffee.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with marshmallows and chocolate shavings.
*Very Vanilla helps the chocolate flavour pop while also rounding it out. Try going full-blown chocolate by substituting with Tatamagouche Ice Creamery’s Chocolate Moose ice cream or add a touch of Canadians with their Salted Maple.
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.