What’s Cooking: November 3 – 10
It’s only November, but the holiday season is kicking into gear! From holiday markets to festive product launches, read on to find out what’s cooking in Nova Scotia this week.
Christmas at the Forum
Get a head start on your gift shopping this weekend at Christmas at the Forum, featuring over 15 of our Taste of Nova Scotia members who will be selling their delicious products at this classic holiday market! Participating members include:
- Acadian Maple Products
- Annapolis Cider Company
- Avondale Sky Winery
- Barkeep Cocktails
- Barrelling Tide Distillery
- Big Cove Foods
- Chapel Cove Chocolate
- Compass Distillers
- Harvest & Wild
- Haskap Highland Orchards
- Ironworks Distillery
- Lost Bell Estate Winery
- Lunenburg Rum Cakes
- Sable Shortbread Company
- Shivani’s Kitchen
- Steinhart Distillery
- Still Fired Distilleries
- Tangled Garden
- Tatamagouche Ice Creamery
Good Robot Brewing
This Friday, Good Robot Brewing is releasing their new pale lager Goodwill Beer in partnership with Bide Awhile Animal Shelter. 50 cents of every beer sold will go towards helping companion animals in need. Beers will be available for purchase starting this Friday at their retail spaces, taproom, and online on the Good Robot website.
Ironworks Distillery has announced the launch of their new Blacksmith Whiskey! This whisky uses a heavily roasted chocolate malt, and has notes of rich cocoa and espresso up front, opening up into dark fruits and brown sugar with a sweet maple finish. Available at their store and online.
Le Caveau Restaurant
Le Caveau Restaurant at Domaine de Grand Pre will be hosting Cheese Nights this November and December! Join them for a cozy night of cheesy delights on November 9 and 23 and December 7, 21, and 28. Reservations are recommended.
Made with Local
This holiday season, enjoy Made with Local’s newest Real Food Bar – Festive Fudge Chip! Made with organic cocoa and cashew butter, delight in the rich and velvety flavour of this limited edition bar. Available online while supplies last.
Stop by either Morris East location this month to try their new featured pizza – BBQ Chicken! Topped with herbed chicken, green bell peppers, red onion, tomato sauce, mozzarella, and BBQ sauce drizzle, this one’s sure to be a fan favourite.
Still Fired Distilleries
Still Fired Distilleries has just introduced their newest product: Nana’s Blueberry Grunt Moonshine! With fresh local blueberry juice from Van Dyk’s by Nature, fragrant pie spices, and their signature smooth moonshine, this moonshine will be your new go-to drink.
- November 11: Founders House is kicking off their annual Wine Makers Dinner Series on November 11th, featuring wines from Planters Ridge Winery. Savour a four-course meal with paired wines while the winemakers chat about each wine and what makes them unique.
- November 12: The Argyler Lodge and Restaurant is hosting their End of Season Brunch. From butternut squash bisque to ham and potato gratin, there’s something for everyone. Call 902-643-2500 to make reservations.
- November 17-19: Lupin Dining & Pantry is hosting their annual Seaside Christmas Market, filled with local artisan vendors and treats from their German inspired beer garden.
Featured Recipe: Smoked Haddock & Corn Chowder
This Smoked Haddock and Corn Chowder is the perfect meal to warm you up as the November days get chillier! Comforting and smoky, it’s sure to become everyone’s favourite cool weather meal.
Local Source Guide:
- Bacon: Masstown Butcher and Meadowbrook Meat Market.
- Produce: Noggins Corner Farm Market, Masstown Market, Stirling Fruit Farms Ltd., Uprooted Market & Café, or one of the many other local Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.
- Seafood: Clearwater Seafoods, Comeau’s Sea Foods Limited, Evan’s Seafoods, and Fisherman’s Market International.
Recipe provided by: Argyler Lodge and Restaurant