Lobster Pizza with Potato Foam
Take lobster to the next level; just reading this recipe from our 2019 Culinary Guide will leave your mouth watering! The potato foam, savoury sauce and Nova Scotia lobster come together to make this delicious pizza. Pair it with Blomidon Estate Winery‘s incredible 2011 Brut Réserve Traditional Method Sparkling for a wonderful combination that you will want to have time and time again!
|220 g||fresh pizza dough|
|1/4 cup||béchamel sauce|
|90 g||full milk mozzarella, shredded|
|5 g||green onion|
|20 ml||potato foam|
Ingredients – Potato Foam
|1||potato, roughly chopped|
|1 cup||coffee cream|
Ingredients – Béchamel Sauce
|60 g||unsalted butter|
|60 g||bread flour|
|1 tbsp||onion, finely chopped|
|salt and pepper to taste|
2011 Brut Réserve Traditional Method Sparkling by Blomidon Estate Winery
Sparkling wine goes with almost anything, including pizza! The rich, toasty notes of this aged bubbly complement yeasty crust, while the crisp acidity and citrus notes balance the creamy béchamel and rich lobster perfectly. Bon Appetit!
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Melt butter in a sauce pot on low to medium heat. Whisk in flour and leave “blonde” – do not let it turn brown.
- Add onion and milk, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently simmer for ten minutes. Fold in zest of lemon.
- Remove from heat when sauce is thickened.
- Boil 1 roughly chopped potato and two eggs for 20 minutes.
- Strain, reserve the water (around 250 ml).
- Mix water with coffee cream.
- Using either a steamer or an immersion blender, mix air into the liquid. This is done by just barely submerging the end of the device into the liquid and allowing it to froth and foam (the foam will expand to two or three times its size).
- Once whipped, spoon foam onto the finished pizza.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Stretch dough into a 12-inch round on a pizza pan.
- Spread béchamel sauce evenly over dough using the back of a large spoon.
- Add mozzarella and lobster.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Finish with broiler if necessary.
- Once removed from oven, cut and garnish with dulse, then foam and green onion.
Local Source Guide:
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.