Maple Miso Glaze for Pork Belly
This amazing sauce, designed to be served with a slow roasted pork belly, showcases Nova Scotia maple syrup. The sweetness of the maple syrup and miso is balanced with white wine vinegar.
|1/2 cup||Nova Scotia maple syrup*|
|6||Shiitake mushroom caps|
|3||sliced Brussels sprouts|
|2 tbsp||white miso|
|1 tbsp||white wine vinegar|
|1 tsp||sesame seed oil|
- In a frying pan heat sesame oil until light smoking point.
- Add shiitake and Brussels sprouts and cook until golden caramelized colour.
- Add the vinegar and deglaze the pan.
- Add maple and miso and stir well and bring to a quick boil.
- Once boiled placed the sauce in a blender and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Strain the blended sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer and quickly add the butter to add a shine and richness.
- Finish the sauce by seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over sliced slow-roasted local pork belly and serve.
* We suggest using Acadian Maple Products or Sugar Moon Farm.
Recipe provided by: Seasons by Atlantica, Atlantica Hotel Halifax
This recipe was first featured on our website in March 2013 and in our 2013 Taste of Nova Scotia Culinary Guide.