What’s Cooking: November 10 – 17
From new holiday products to special markets, dinners and tours, there’s plenty of locally-inspired tasty adventures calling your name! Keep reading to find out what’s cooking this week in Nova Scotia this week.
Visit Jost Vineyards this Sunday (November 12) to experience their local holiday vendor market! There will be more than 20 local vendors, complimentary wine samples, complimentary marshmallow roasting, food trucks, fun activities for kids and much more. The market runs from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and offers free admission; come out, support local, and have a festive fun-filled day with friends and family!
Benjamin Bridge has released a new ready-to-drink sparkling wine cocktail! The Benjamin Bridge 75 puts a local twist on the classic, combining Benjamin Bridge’s NV Brut with locally distilled gin and freshly pressed apple juice from local orchards. The perfect drink for the holidays! Swing by the wine shop to purchase yours for this weekend, or order online.
Lupin Dining & Pantry
Lupin Dining & Pantry will be hosting their annual Seaside Christmas Market from November 17 – 19, filled with local artisan vendors and treats from their German inspired beer garden. Make tracks for the Eastern Shore and get a head start on your holiday shopping! Keep an eye on their Facebook page for more information.
Magic Winery Bus
Enjoy the Magic Winery Bus’ All Wrapped Up Tour this November and December! With departures from both Halifax and Wolfville, delight in a curated wine experience with several different festive winery stops, including Planters Ridge Winery, Domaine de Grand Pré, and Lightfoot & Wolfville Vineyards. These holiday stores kick off on November 18 – get your tickets now!
- November 19: Meander River Farm & Brewery will be hosting a Holiday Market from 11a.m. – 3 p.m. Enjoy local artisans, carollers, a food truck, and more!
- November 23 – December 1: The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery will be hosting a dessert tasting week. Grab a 3 taster plate for $15 or a 5 taster plate for $20, and enjoy some delicious desserts made from scratch.
- November 24 – December 17: The Evergreen Market will be taking place on the Halifax Waterfront this holiday season! Featuring several of our Taste of Nova Scotia members, make sure to stop by and check it out.
Featured Recipe: Hearty Pork and Vegetable Chili
As the crisp November air creeps in, give this Hearty Pork and Vegetable Chili a try. Made with local pork and produce, it will definitely warm you up and help take the “chili” off!
Local Source Guide:
- Pork: The Pork Shop, Meadowbrook Farm & Markets
- Produce: Noggins Corner Farm Market, Stirling Fruit Farms Ltd., Masstown Market, Uprooted Market & Café, or one of the many other Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.
Recipe and photography provided by: Jessica Emin (@eatwithjessie)