Masstown Market Mulligatawny Soup
On a crisp, cool October afternoon, nothing is better than a comforting soup or stew. Embrace autumn and try your hand at this Mulligatawny Soup recipe provided by Masstown Market.
|1 cup||chopped celery|
|1 cup||chopped onion|
|1 cup||chopped carrots|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|4||chicken breasts, cut in 1″ pieces|
|2 tsp||curry powder|
|1 tsp||chili powder|
|6 cups||chicken broth|
|1.5 lbs||plum tomatoes, diced|
|½ cup||uncooked long grain rice|
|2 cups||diced apples|
|¼ cup||chopped fresh parsley|
|¾ cup||low fat sour cream or yogurt|
|1 tsp||lemon juice|
1. Melt butter in soup pot, add veggies and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
2. Place chicken breasts pieces in with veggies and cook until no longer pink.
3. Sprinkle with spices, stir for another 2 minutes.
4. Add broth, tomatoes, rice, salt and pepper to the pot and bring to boil. 5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add apples and parsley and simmer another 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and lemon juice.
Serves 10-12 people
Recipe provided by: Masstown Market
Masstown Market’s Mulligatawny Soup is featured in our 2014 Culinary Guide.