Sweet Potato Pie
Instead of the classic pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving, buck tradition and try chef Renée Lavallée’s sweet potato pie.
|2 cups||cooked sweet potato (mashed)|
|1 cup||brown sugar|
|1/2 cup||melted butter|
|1/2 cup||evaporated milk|
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 375ºF for 1 hour.
|2 cups||all purpose flour|
|1/4 cup||cold water|
- Cut the lard into the flour and salt and work with hands until it resembles pea sized pieces.
- Gradually add water and mix very gently until it forms a dough. Make sure never to over knead.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. This makes 1 double crust.
Recipe provided by: Chef Renée Lavallée, The Canteen