Tempo Seafood Chowder
This rich and creamy chowder features local haddock, shrimp, scallops and bacon – each spoonful offers a hearty bite of Nova Scotia’s finest ingredients.
You can find chef Andy Camm’s seafood chowder on the menu at Tempo Food + Drink, or you could try his recipe at home and share your chowder with us at #ChowderWeek.
||large onion, diced
||potatoes, peeled, diced
|| bay leaves
||fresh dill, chopped
| 2 cups
| 1 cup
| 1/2 lb
Use local seafood from Aquaprime Mussel Ranch, Arichat Seafood Market, Clearwater Seafoods, Evan’s Seafoods & Restaurant, Fisherman’s Market International or Masstown Market.
Use local bacon from Meadowbrook Meat Market or The Pork Shop.
- Saute bacon until half cooked.
- Add butter, mirepoix and cook until glossy.
- Add flour. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add fish stock, stirring to remove lumps.
- Add milk and cream. Simmer 10 min.
- Add seafood and fish. Season.
- Simmer another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe provided by: Chef Andy Camm, Tempo Food + Drink
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.