What’s Cooking: December 3 – 10
It’s officially December and the holidays are in full swing. Although the holidays may look a little different this year, we’re here to help you with gift ideas, recipes, updates and more. Read along to find out what’s cooking this week.
Sugar Moon Farm Maple Shop
Two Course Family Style Meals from Le Caveau
Starting this week, Le Caveau is offering Two Course Family Style Meals consisting of a main course and a dessert. At the beginning of each week throughout December, they will be posting the meal specifics in their online store. The meal will come packaged with instructions, simply pick it up, put it in your fridge at home, and heat it up when the time comes!
Ironworks December Updates
Ironworks Distillery has made a few adjustments this week. And while everyone is being good and staying close to home, did you know that their new product, the Maple Rum Cream is selling like hotcakes? It’s now available at Bishop’s Cellar, Harvest Wines & Spirits, The Halifax Seaport Market, and Halifax Brewery Market, or delivered right to your door in HRM. Get yours today!
Lot Six Gift Cards
Do you know someone who can’t wait to visit Lot Six when they open back up? Why not get them the perfect gift and treat them to their first meal back! To get your hand on a gift card, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Holiday Gift Boxes
In celebration of the holiday season, Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet has launched three limited-edition holiday gift boxes for the gluten-free, gluten-free/dairy-free, and gluten-free/vegan folks that mean the most to you! All three packages are $35 and contain a curated selection of freshly baked, handmade goodies and a half-pound of medium roast coffee; the perfect pairing to sip on while enjoying these scrumptious eats and treats!
Liquid Assets’ Grand Pré Wines Holiday Promotion
Restaurants providing take out this week
With the restrictions on restaurants in the HRM still in place, we want to help you find safe and easy take out options. Restaurants and licensed establishments must now close to in-person dining, and taprooms, distilleries and wineries must pause sampling. With many more locations outside the city taking precautions we’re sharing a list of Taste of Nova Scotia businesses who are now providing take out and/or delivery.
*Please note we are continuing to update this list as new locations are announced. For a complete list, please visit our Get Your Hands on Local website resource.
Halifax Regional Municipality:
- Obladee, A Wine Bar (take out)
- Rose and Kettle Tearoom (take out)
- Tempo Food + Drink (take out)
- The Old Apothecary Bakery & Cafe (take out)
- Battery Park Beer Bar (take out)
- Brooklyn Warehouse (take out)
- Inn on the Lake (take out)
- Kitchen Door (pick up and delivery)
- Morris East (curbside pick up, take out, or delivery)
- The Orient Chinese Cuisine (contactless curbside pick up)
- Waterfront Warehouse (take out)
- Garrison Brewing Company (delivery)
Bay of Fundy and Annapolis Valley:
- Bistro 22 (dine in and take out)
- Crystany’s Brasserie (take out)
- Founders House Dining (dine in, take out, and delivery)
- Paddy’s Brewpub & Rosie’s Restaurant (dine in, take out, and delivery)
- Avondale Sky Winery (delivery)
- Le Caveau Restaurant (dine in and take out).
- Lightfoot and Wolfville Vineyards (contactless local delivery service)
- The Flying Apron Inn and Cookery (dine in and take out)
- Charlotte Lane Cafe & Gift Shop (take out)
- Kiwi Cafe (dine in and take out)
- Lane’s Privateer Inn (dine in and take out)
- Rhubarb Restaurant (take out)
- Salt Shaker Deli (take out)
- Lincoln Street Food (take out)
- Mateus Bistro (dine in and take out)
- Peasant’s Pantry (take out)
- Rebecca’s Restaurant (dine in and take out)
- Sou’Wester Restaurant (take out)
- Rose and Rooster (take out)
Featured Recipe: Cheese, Charcuterie & Seafood Board
This Taste of Nova Scotia Cheese, Charcuterie and Seafood Board is a holiday staple. While it looks elaborate, it’s actually the key to a stress-free holiday. So go on, celebrate!
Get your hands on local cranberries, carrots, potatoes, parsnips, cabbage, and garlic while shopping at Noggins Corner Farm Market, Masstown Market, Stirling Fruit Farms Ltd., any other of the Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia.
Tips for Supporting Local
Check out our Get Your Hands on Local page and select your region. This will find restaurants, food and beverage producers and markets closest to you and what kind of services they’re offering, allowing you to purchase local food and drink at a distance!
For daily updates, keep an eye on our social media pages (@TasteofNS). Thank you for supporting local, and check back next week for more updates!