Cheese, Charcuterie & Seafood Board
This Taste of Nova Scotia cheese, charcuterie and seafood board is your new holiday party staple. While it looks elaborate, it’s actually the key to a stress-free holiday gathering. So go on, celebrate!
- Be creative: Every board can be different – there’s no hard and fast rules to follow! We’ve got such a great variety of local products to choose from in Nova Scotia.
- Select a variety of cheese: Choose an assortment of seasonings and textures to keep everyone’s taste buds satisfied.
- Add meat or fish: We’re lucky to have a variety of cured seafood and savoury charcuterie in Nova Scotia to suit your fancy.
- Include jams or preserves: Balance out the meat and fish with a little sweetness – you can even add fruit.
- Embrace the bread: Sliced baguettes are perfect for pairing ingredients together.
- The end result: Display your selections on a hand-crafted board from Ashwurks.
- Perfect pairings: Don’t forget to pair with your favourite Nova Scotia wine, beer, spirit or cider!
Looking for inspiration? We suggest mixing and matching:
- Knoydart Farm old cheddar cheese
- Fox Hill Cheese House plain Havarti cheese
- Sourdough baguette from Boulangerie La Vendéenne
- Apricot and honey loaf from Boulangerie La Vendéenne
- Fox Hill Cheese House smoked flavour gouda
- Comeau’s Sea Foods Ltd lightly-smoked seafood and shrimp spread
- Fox Hill Cheese House burrows bounty with cranberries
- J. Willy Krauch smoked mackerel
- Tangled Garden orange chive jelly
- Tangled Garden raspberry lavender jelly
- Galloping Cows Fine Foods hot jalapeno pepper spread
- Cornect Family Farm unpasteurized liquid honey
- Noggins Corner Farm Market dried apple rings
- Purchase Knoydart cheese at Pete’s Fine Foods, select Sobeys locations or the farm gate.
- J.Willy Krauch brand smoked mackerel can be purchased from their online store or Clearwater Seafood.
- Purchase Fox Hill cheese at their Halifax or Port Williams cheese houses.
- Boulangerie La Vendéenne products are available at the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market or their Mahone Bay retail location.
- Comeau’s Sea Foods Ltd products are available at Sobeys and Superstore locations across Nova Scotia.
- Tangled Garden products are available on location or can be ordered by mail.
- Galloping Cows Fine Foods products are available at Sobeys or online.
- Products from Cornect Family Farm can be purchased at Stirling Fruit Farms, the Pork Shop or visit their website.
Photography by: Jess Emin