Taste Your Way Through Nova Scotia: Northumberland Shore
The beaches are worth the trip alone, but you might as well stop for some good eats on the way! Northumberland Shore offers something for everyone with seafood, sweets and sand. If you’re planning a beach getaway right here in Nova Scotia make sure to add some of these onto your route:
1. The Main Street Café and Lounge offers fantastic Taste of Nova Scotia inspired cuisine at reasonable prices. Their dinner menu includes unique seasonal recipes featuring their Chef’s Golden Brown Pan Fried Haddock, Fire Grilled Steaks and their Signature Bourbon and Molasses BBQ Baby Back Ribs.
2. If you’re having a sugar craving, stop by Mrs. Macgregor’s Restaurant for one of their decadent desserts, or just grab a bag of their famous shortbread! (Try not to finish the whole bag in one sitting)
3. If you’re a maple lover, Sugar Moon Maple Farms offers up a locally inspired maple brunch all day long!
4. The Train Station Inn has lots to offer for a day of fun. First, dine in a real train car, then relax in the Vice Royal lounge car, and finally hit up the museum and gift shop.
5. For all you chowder lovers, head to the home of the 2014 Saltscapes Chowder Cook-Off winner, Chef Thomas Carey. Pictou Lodge is a great place to stay and eat!
6. Recipient of the 2013 Restaurant of the Year – Chef Inspired Fine Dining Presitge Award, Gabrieau’s Bistro is a can’t miss.
These are just some of the things you can do while visiting or exploring Northumberland Shore in Nova Scotia. We want to see your photos and hear your stories this summer, so make sure to tag us in your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram posts! #TasteofNS