Cornect Family Farm HoneyLicious! Loaf
This Honeylicious! Loaf includes a lot of Taste of Nova Scotia ingredients. Cranberries from Terra Beata, flax from Valley Flaxflour, rainbow carrots from Dominion Produce with the Honeylicious! cinnamon spread from Cornect Family Farm would make this a delicious local treat for breakfast or any time of day!
Makes approximately 6 to 8 portions
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup rolled oats
1 tsp ground flax seeds (we suggest Valley Flaxflour Ltd.)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp cayenne
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup pecan pieces
1 cup toasted coconut
½ cups dried cranberries (we suggest Terra Beata Cranberry Farm)
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup HoneyLicious! Cinnamon spread
½ cup orange juice
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup grated carrots (we suggest Rainbow Carrots from Dominion Produce)
Whole flax seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Butter a loaf pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, oats, ground flax seeds, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, baking soda, baking powder, pecan pieces, coconut and cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the wet ingredients: bananas, HoneyLicious! Cinnamon spread, orange juice, egg and vanilla. Fold in the grated carrots.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. Fold in the dry ingredients until a thickened batter forms.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with a sprinkling of flax seeds (optional).
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Spread with HoneyLicious! Cinnamon Spread and enjoy!