Creamy Tarragon Shellfish Linguine
Creamy pasta and sauce meet fresh, local seafood in this decadent and hearty dish. Perfect for a filling weeknight dinner or a special evening with guests, one thing is certain, this rich recipe will not disappoint.
|350 g||linguine, dry|
|1 1/2 cups||leek, chopped|
|1/2 cup||white wine|
|473 ml||heavy cream|
|1/2 lb||shrimp, northern cold water|
|2||large lobsters, shelled and cut bite size|
|1 cup||parmesan, grated|
|1 1/2 tbsp||tarragon, chopped and packed|
|salt to taste|
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cook linguine as directed, in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, on medium to low heat, sauté leeks with butter until soft and translucent.
- Add wine and cook until liquid has reduced.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan, and simmer until reduced by half, stirring frequently. The cream should coat the back of a spoon.
- Add scallops and mussels to the pot, and stir, then cover. Cook until all mussels have opened, and as soon as they have add the shrimp to the pot. Stir and cover once again.
- Cook for a minute, then add the cooked lobster, parmesan and tarragon. Stir and remove from heat. Add salt to your taste.
- Add the drained linguine to the pot, and toss. Serve immediately with parmesan to garnish.
Local Source Guide:
Wine: We’re fortunate to have fantastic white wine right here in Nova Scotia. Visit our website’s Eat & Drink section for a list of wineries.
Recipe and Photography provided by: Jessica Emin, @eatwithjessie
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.