It’s time to take advantage of strawberry season in Nova Scotia! This recipe (featured on Global Morning News) is a quick and easy way to enjoy delicious, local strawberries. You can find strawberries at Stirling Fruit Farms or your local farmers’ market.
|4 cups||cleaned and hulled strawberries|
|1 generous tbsp||icing sugar|
|2 ½ cups||whipping cream|
|1 pkg||pre-packaged meringue nests (about 8)|
- Chop up the strawberries
- Put half of the strawberries into a food processor or blender. Add a generous tablesppon of icing sugar. Bland strawberries and sugar to become a puree. Strain mixture to remove seeds.
- Whip the whipping cream until it is sloppy.
- Break up the meringue nests into 1″ sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the chopped strawberries to the meringues. Fold the whipped cream into the meringue/strawberry mixture.
- Setting aside about 2 tablespoons of the strawberry puree, gently fold puree into the meringue/strawberry mixture to get a marbled effect.
- To serve, transfer the mixture into a serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining strawberry puree. Or, spoon mixture into individual serving dishes, drizzling strawberry puree over top of each.
- Serve with Mrs. MacGregors Shortbreads for a little crunch!
Recipe provided by: Mrs. MacGregor’s Shortbreads