Spicy Pork Bites with Orange Ginger Glaze paired with Gaspereau Riesling
This Spicy Pork Bites with Orange Ginger Glaze recipe is a delicious appetizer for your next dinner party. Pair it with Gaspereau Vineyards Riesling to take the recipe to the next level.
|1 1/2 lb||Fresh lean ground pork|
|1||Small onion, chopped|
|1||Small yellow pepper, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Fresh ginger, chopped|
|1||Stalk celery, chopped|
|3 tbsp||Chili flakes|
|1 tbsp||Ground coriander seed|
|2 tbsp||Orange zest|
|1 cup||Course breadcrumbs (can substitute with gluten free)|
|2||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
|1 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 tbsp||Minced garlic|
|1 tbsp||Fresh ginger, grated|
|2 tbsp||Cornstarch or flour|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce or tamari|
|1 cup||Fresh orange juice|
|2 tbsp||Orange zest|
- Add onion, garlic, yellow pepper, ginger and celery to a food processor and pulse to a fine mince.
- In a medium to large bowl, add pork, coriander, salt, pepper and chili flakes and work well with hands to distribute spices throughout. Add contents from food processor and continue to work with hands to mix well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to refrigerate for 1 hour (or longer, if desired).
- Remove bowl from fridge and mix contents. Add coarse breadcrumbs and mix well to incorporate.
- From into approximately 1 oz balls.
- Take a large, straight sided skillet or pan and place on stove-top set to medium/high. Add 1-2 tbsp canola oil.
- Add each ball to pan. There should be a slight sizzle. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes. Using tongs, turn to cook all surfaces evenly. This should take 10-12 minutes total time. If using right away, place in oven proof dish and set in a 250F pre-heated oven.
- Keep fry pan on stove and reduce heat to low. Add sesame oil, fresh ginger and garlic and allow to soften.
- Add soy, juice and water and raise heat to medium. This should begin to thicken and slowly bubble. Add additional orange juice if it becomes too thick.
- Lower heat and set aside.
- Place heated pork bites on a serving dish and drizzle with glaze. Add sliced green onion as garnish before serving and enjoy!
For more of our Taste of Nova Scotia events, news and recipes delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to our Taste of Nova Scotia emails.