Support Local – COVID-19 Statement
Now, more than ever, it’s important to support local.
Taste of Nova Scotia is made up of over 200 members who, in the midst of safety measures surrounding COVID-19, need your help more than ever.
During these hard times, small businesses – owned by our friends, family and neighbours – will strongly feel the effects of temporary business closures and limitations.
Over the next few weeks, please continue to follow us on social media as we share updates from our members and partners around the province and, when possible, we encourage you to choose to #GetYourHandsOnLocal while stocking up on essential items wherever you shop.
Here are a few things you can do now to support local businesses:
- Purchase a gift card from your favourite local restaurant to use after this passes, or (if possible) order a take-out meal from them
- Stock up on your favourite local food or beverages, such as bread, coffee, milk, meat, seafood, juice, etc.
- Purchase products from online stores – some Taste of Nova Scotia members have dropped the cost of shipping on products being shipped throughout the province or are offering meal delivery services.
- Plan a #NSstaycation2020 for later this year. Take this year to re-discover the beauty of our province and all that we have to offer.
- Share the news and updates from local businesses, and be sure to show them some love. A kind comment during a tough time can go a long way in boosting morale.
Nova Scotians are known for being resilient and being able to brave the toughest of storms. While these may be trying times, we’re confident that we will emerge from this as a stronger community.
Taste of Nova Scotia